Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Michailescu to Run for Ulster County Legislature



I received this press release from Manuela Michailescu, who is running for Ulster County legislator.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE


June 14, 2011

Contact:         
Manuela Michailescu
845-626-5206
Manuela4Legislator.com


Town of Rochester Councilwoman Manuela Michailescu enters the race 
for Ulster County Legislature, District 21


Kerhonkson, NY - June 14, 2011   Town of Rochester Councilwoman Manuela Michailescu announced today her intention to run on the Republican line for the seat of Ulster County Legislator representing District 21.

Locked out of the race for Legislature two years ago, Michailescu forced a primary on the Republican line, and was the highest vote-getter in the Town of Rochester. In the election, she won the Republican line in all 18 local districts of the former Ulster County District 1 (Rochester, Wawarsing  and Marbletown).

"I feel I owe it to those who voted for me to run again,” Michailescu says. “By talking to people in our district I understood what they are looking for in a Legislator. I am encouraged and overwhelmed by their trust in me. I will continue to reach as many voters as possible before Primary Day on September 13... My message is simple: I’m eager to listen and ready to work hard for the people of District 21.” 

With four years experience in local government, Michailescu was exposed to a wide range of town issues, and is familiar with the impact county issues can have on town's residents. 

"I am proud of my work on the Town of Rochester’s Town Board and as Liaison to the Historic Preservation and Youth Commissions. I've grown a lot in the last four years, staying involved, getting things done in a non-partisan manner. I've learned from the difficult issues we faced, from our accomplishments, from attending training sessions, from my fellow town board members, and from the people I was in touch with...

I'm a principled fighter for what is right and I hope I can continue to serve the people in the Town of Rochester as well as those in east Wawarsing."

Manuela Michailescu, 61, born in Romania, immigrated to the United States in 1980 and moved to Kerhonkson in 2001. Manuela has a MA in Theater and Film Critique and an MBA in Marketing / Advertising from Baruch College, City University of New York. She won the First Prize Award in the 1987 Philip Morris Marketing / Communications competition. Manuela is the co-owner of two small businesses: Point Blank Inc. (an advertising agency specialized in tourism marketing) and Old Brick House Antiques.


# # #






No comments: