Saturday, August 14, 2010

Catalano Resigns as Chair of Ulster County GOP


Robin Yess just forwarded this e-mail to me.  Mario Catalano's resignation as chair of the Ulster County GOP opens a race for county chair to Robin, a liberty-oriented Republican, and Roger Rascoe, a retired corrections officer whose wife works for State Senator Bonacic.


From: ...@aol.com [mailto:...@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 9:36 PM
To: ...com; ...@hvi.net; ...@hvc.rr.comp
Subject: Re: County Reorganizational Meeting

Dear Republicans, the county reorganizational  meeting will be held Thursday September 16th this year. In compliance with the new bylaws, voting for the next chairman will be conducted using a weighted vote for the first time. As we successfully accomplished the selection of our Comptroller candidate using this method, I feel confident in our ability to get it done again.

I am also writing to inform you that I will not be seeking re-election as County Chair. When I originally sought the position, I made it clear that I would serve for 3 to 5 years and then pass the gavel to someone else. This September will be 3 years, and so it is time to move on.

I do not believe that anyone should serve a long term as chair, as I firmly believe that it is important to the party to have a continuous flow of "new blood" to make sure that we remain energized. I would encourage you all to ask each of the candidates how they feel about that.

I also wish to thank each and every one of you for your assistance during these past 3 years. I believe the party is rebounding from years of apathy and neglect. This is evidenced by our winning two county wide races for open seats in the District Attorney's office and County Judge race. We also overwhelmingly re-elected our County Clerk last year. Even in the Obama Tsunami, we almost pulled out a win in the Comptrollers race.  On top of that, when I became chairman, we were a 12-21 minority in the legislature. In 3 years we  now have a 18-15 majority.To all of you who assisted in these efforts I say well done.

One final note. A letter will be going out to each committee person shortly. As leaders, I am giving each of you a "heads up", so you will not be caught off guard.

Finally, I will pledge my support to whomever you select to secede me. I will continue to work to elect Republicans, and will be available to help each and everyone of you should you require my assistance.

May God Bless America, and all of you,

Mario T Catalano
Chairman
Ulster County Republican Committee

No comments: