Friday, January 23, 2009

My Blog at Republican Liberty Caucus

The Republican Liberty Caucus has set me up to blog on their site, and I will be blogging there a few times a week as well as here. My first RLC blog appeared a day or two ago.

My wife Freda and I had lunch this afternoon with Lee Currie, excecutive director of the Foundation for Economic Education in Irvington on Hudson, New York. I heartily recommend this organization for anyone concerned about the economy. FEE has played a historic role in furthering economic ideas. Milton Friedman, William F. Buckley and Ralph Nader (yes, you read right) published early articles in their journal, the Freeman, and FEE was the means by which Ludwig von Mises was able to make a living after fleeing the Nazis in the late 1930s.

Where is America going? Things have not been going well for libertarians and conservatives. Our problem HAS NOT been the election of President Obama. As Shakespeare put it in Julius Ceaser, "the fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars, but in ourselves if we are underlings". I don't like to think of myself as an "underling" but if the sandal fits, I'll wear it.

The public is unhappy with the bailout, but what have libertarians done to push the issue? We need a new Andrew Jackson who is going to run against Nicholas Biddle Bernanke and John Quincy Obama. Now is the time.

My old friend, Professor Chuck Gengler of Baruch College in New York forwarded this clip from the old movie Network. Let's not take it any more. It is time to start overthrowing the old guard in the Republican Party. We need to get revved up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Conservatives dropped the ball big time with this last cabal you insisted on putting in office. You were duped by evil and because of that inability to recognize truth about that evil and the danger you put us in, the conservative movement has hit a roadblock that I hope stops it dead in its tracks...

UNTIL, that is, you can begin to use the brains that a PhD (and whatever other label you guys like to use, as if that makes you more knowledgeable) should use.

No offense, but the PhD's didn't help you with the last maniac choice.

"Conservative" ideology has taken this country to the brink of disaster, when what has really happened is that conservatives are no longer conservative.

They are just bowing to their masters.

Yeah, its time to straighten up. But I'll believe it when I see it. It could have been proved by having Ron Paul run in the election (who is as close to a real conservative as anyone in the House... there are NONE in the Senate).

You can start the corrective action by voting the faux conservatives out of office.

Otherwise, the "conservatives" who are so desperate to save the fake conservatism that has hijacked your ideology will simply sink it all together.

Either way is ok by me. Fix it or go away.